Bolgheri Wine Tours
Join us for a half day wine tasting excursion through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and taste some of Bolgheri’s finest wines. We will begin our day visiting a stunning winery located on La Strada del Vino (The Wine Road) home of the world famous Sassicaia and Ornellaia wines. We will meet the producer who will show us his beautiful vineyards and cellar while learning about the magical process of making wine. We’ll taste their four top wines and extra virgin olive oil.
Next, we will discover the oldest wine cellar in Bolgheri, dating from the 1200s, still located within the castle walls. We will be greeted by our host, who will give us a tour explaining the centenary history of the family still living in the castle and their influence on winemaking in the Bolgheri region. Here we will also have an extra virgin olive oil tasting and get to taste some local cheese and charcuterie.
We’ll say goodbye in Bolgheri, leaving you with a list of our favorite restaurants should you want to stop here to finish your day with a delicious meal.
* Please ensure you have transportation to get from the vineyards to Bolgheri.
FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE, WE CAN PROVIDE PRIVATE TRANSFERS FROM VINEYARDS TO BOLGHERI AND BACK.
Schedule : Mon, Wed, Fri
Start Time: 10:30 am
Where: Wineries on the Wine Road, Tuscany
*Cost of private tours same as regular tours unless customized.
• Group size: Max 14 people
• Departure: The wine tour starts at the first winery. Directions upon reservation
• Distance Covered: Less than ⅓ mile (½ kilometer)
• Difficulty level: This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• Cancellations: Full refund up to 24 hours prior to tour departure
• Language: English. Private tours in English, French or Italian
• Tastings: 6 wines and 2 extra-virgin olive oils; cheese and charcuterie
• Stops: We’ll make 2 stops in two wineries
Tour guide gratuities are appreciated at the end of your tour.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TASTE & LEARN
• Sample local pecorino cheese made from a 2000 year-old recipe.
• Try different types of local charcuterie (cold cuts such as sausages, ham, salami, etc.).
• Soak fresh bread in the best extra virgin olive oil, grown and pressed locally.
• Sip six Bolgheri DOC wines.